Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Twenty six bloody minutes

26 bloody minutes.

That's how long it took me to:

- Talk to a human being (discounting the fact that I spoke to a Scot, an English person, an Indian, two Welsh people and some idiot). After being passed from pillar to post, holding tunes, advice on how to answer the phone, upcoming offers, bloody horrible keypad menus etc

- Explain in laymans terms "I'd like broadband please on this line" (it was for my mum)

I wasn't ringing to complain. I was trying to give them money and it's no wonder people suggest that the UK is going to the bloody dogs!

It was BT - I suggest that if you need to call them, I'd ensure you have plenty of time and you're in a good mood. I was frankly disgusted at how bloody appalling they were.

Then again, I'm probably the first person to ask about having broadband, it's probably very complicated up here in Yorkshire, mice in wheels, etc.

My kids looked at me as if I was insane. I suggested they try staying on the phone for 26 minutes with British Telecom. The worst thing is that I've got to ring back tomorrow and finish it off because they couldn't sort it in time. Arrrgh!

No comments: