Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Still out of sync.

I've been back from the states about a week now and am still badly out of sync - the weekend put a dent in any kind of recovery plans I had. But I think I knew that would be the case.

I fell asleep at 8pm last night and woke up at 4am. By my reckoning, I just need to shift myself along 3hours or so - and if I can manage to move an hour a day, I should be back on form by the end of the week - which is useful given that we've got a long old drive ahead of us on Friday (typically it takes 7hrs to get down there).

My plan for the rest of the week is to de-tox a little bit and try and edge towards a normal sleep pattern. I've also lost a few more llbs lately - not bad considering the edible temptations available in the USA - and I've more or less got a complete new wardrobe now (gone from 38" jeans to 34-32" and XL's to L), I better be careful that I don't need to go and buy new jeans again since my waistline is ever dropping, but the weight loss is nothing like as dramatic as it was around the turn of the year when I was first diagnosed.

Weight wise, dropping is not only good for my general well-being but particularly so for the diabetes. Less weight = less blood pressure and less blood-sugars. Managing my weight combined with a better diet may mean I can cut the medication entirely, we'll have to see.

I haven't even, walking aside, been doing a lot of exercise and the bike I bought back in February still only has 2 miles on it! Hopefully we'll get some better weather soon and I can be out and about on it.

No comments: