Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bloody football...

A crappy start to the season for Leeds and it's interesting that Kevin Blackwell (Leeds Manager) is obviously under a ton of pressure. You can certainly tell in the last few post-match interviews where he's starting to lose it. And on balance, I don't think it'll be long before he does lose it - the job I mean.

Leeds have now won 3 out of the last 17 competitive games, not including the pre-season friendlies, not that they won any of those either. He may well be a highly regarded coach and he may well have turned the club around when no-one would touch it with a barge-pole but I think it's obvious he's no long term solution. I wouldn't expect him to be still in the job come October and if I was a betting man, I'd be down the bookies tomorrow.

And another thing, yesterday's Leeds attendance was just 18,500 or so. That's pretty bloody dire - since I wasn't there, I'm also to blame, but given the fiasco when I tried to take my two sons to the Norwich game (they wanted £36 each for the lads, 5 and 9yrs old) and wouldn't let them in the members club without age ID (I mean, for a bloody 5yr old!) they can stuff it.

No comments: