Sunday, August 06, 2006

Quite an odd Sunday

It's been a funny old day. Firstly, the kids water slide (which I bought them last week) burst majorly after only a hour, meaning a hassle-filled visit back to B&Q... the kids were a bit gutted, but not quite as gutted as me who had to try to get the bloody thing back in it's box - needless to say I failed miserably.

Then Harry had a fight with his best pal, which was a bit concerning. Lastly I picked up the arcade cabinet and have now set it up. Within 20mins of Harry & Jack playing there were tantrums because Jack kept knicking all the food when they were playing Gauntlet.

There's a few minor modifications I'll be making to the cabinet; adding bezel graphics (probably Pac-Man), adding a frame around the monitor if I can get appropriate materials and adding an auto-running cleaner & organised game/media selector. I could wire up the coin-mech but I'm not sure that's really necessary. I've got a bit of a job on going through the games and making sure it all works and is configured properly, but I think it'll be worth it. I'm quite looking forward to getting it all sorted and then retreating to my room to listen to music and play some retro arcade stuff :)

I also bought a smoothie-maker earlier in the day, primarily for adding an icy edge to my cocktails that I like to make - now it means frozen margarita's, dacquari's and more :) Obviously in moderation...

No comments: