Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to school...

Not me of course, the kids... and with it I'm back on a bit of a health kick. I get at least a mile walk every morning, which makes a huge difference to my energy levels and general well feeling. I guess you could argue that I should have motivated myself to do the same over the kids holiday period, but it just didn't pan out that way.

The aim is to also walk Herbie (new dog) at the same time, but we can't do that for a few weeks yet.

Went out with the dutch guys last night and was reasonably moderate with both food and drink despite having a few large bottles of Cobra beer, culminating in a reasonably early night and a walk both into and back home from Wakefield. No hangover today! We ate at Red Chilli II, easily the best curry house in Wakefield and I'd particularly recommend "Chicken-Keema Balti" which is not on their menu, but they'll make you it if you ask nicely. This is the meal I have at Akbars and it's Chicken balti curry with minced lamb, it's fairly hot (not nuclear/madras/vindaloo hot) and tastes fantastic with a Peshwari nan.

After 2 days of publisher visits in the office, it's a clean slate today and a chance to catch up on a few things. Same tomorrow and I'm likely to visit two external developers in Buxton on Friday. Some trips are looming over the next few weeks; Sweden/Malmo for Nordic Game, London Games Week, a personal trip to Dublin, a talk in Newcastle and finally, just before Christmas, it'll be back to the lovely Lyon for Game Connection.

England play their second qualifier in a matter of days tonight in Macedonia, wherever the bloody hell that is - I'm not sure what those buggers sell on the black market! I correctly predicted 5-0 the other day and I'll go for 3-0 tonight, since England just look like scoring at the minute.

No comments: