Monday, November 20, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

They suggest you try again, which is what I'll do on the Talksport poker tournament tonight - it keeps me out of trouble I guess. If you're in the tournament, or the Eurogamer one on Thursdays, look out for me, I'm "Daspadge" and "Daspadger" in both respectively.

Cyclops
I came home from the office early today handicapped by an extremely sore eye. I think one of my contact-lenses has been irritating my right eye and left it half-open and very sore, so much so that staring at my monitor was giving me a terrible headache. The only solution was to go home and lie in the dark for a couple of hours until the pain subsided. I'm now keeping the lens out until it feels better and giving them an extra rigorous clean. Normally I have little problems with my eyes/lenses, but this could have been caused by grit or even a little crease or something in the lens itself, which rubs the surface of your eye and leaves to pain, weeping and general inconvenience.

Wii Will Rock You
It seems one of our projects for Wii (the new Nintendo console, in case you've been living in a cave) has now been "green-lit" pending formal contracts being agreed. We'll start developing pretty soon hopefully, spending most of 2007 developing our game. As is usual, we can't discuss the title, the publisher or anything like that, but it completes the studio's move onto all three new consoles and heralds an exciting new time for the studio, with 5 new platforms on the go (PSP, DS, 360, PS3 and Wii) and new digital distribution channels coming into the fore.

No comments: