Friday, January 12, 2007

Back in town

Got back from Vegas ok, despite strong winds and stormy weather occasionally buffeting the plane. Traffic was a pain and it took almost 2hrs to get back from Manchester; closed roads across the pennines didn't help either.

I've spent most of the day sleeping and feeling groggy, but that's fairly typical of how I always feel on returning from Western USA, I always get jet lag pretty bad.

I've got to get myself in ship-shape soon since it's Bob's 40th birthday party tomorrow. Vegas was good, but as ever when I get home from there, I feel like I need to give it a wide berth for a few years.

The last night was pretty good though, we had a steady night, met up with some of our Microsoft people (the ones responsible for Live Arcade and Casual titles) and had a GREAT Japanese meal at Nobu, at the Hard Rock before jumping into a Limo and doing the piano bar at New York, New York again. We also ran into the military guys we saw a few days earlier and it terms out they weren't joking, they really are SOCOM guys.

Some frantic, last-minute shopping aside, that was that.

No comments: