Friday, July 06, 2007

Will the last one out of the kop turn the lights off...


It's incredible that a club so steeped in history and (Leeds fans aside) pretty much universally disliked is on the verge of going out of business completely. Its something I'd never would have imagined in my wildest nightmares. Given that I had become somewhat disenfranchised with everything LUFC at the end of the O'Leary/Risdale/Bowyer-Woodgate period, it's still incredible to see something so apparently impregnable crumble to the ground, now penniless and pathetic, hovering around division 3 (somewhat falsely named "Division 1" to make everyone feel good, perhaps).

I obviously hope the club survives and I also really hope that a new backer comes in - I've no faith in Ken Bates, that's for sure...

No comments: