Saturday, February 19, 2011

Double 11

After leaving my former employers, which for certain reasons I cannot discuss or mention, I am delighted to announce that my first new role will be helping Double11, a highly talented group of experienced developers based in Middlesborough, grow, develop and expand.

I'll be working in an advisory/strategy role and they're a great bunch to work with - I couldn't be happier or more excited. They are working on a bunch of projects for Sony and I have great faith in both their ability and potential to be one of the UK's strongest indies. So for me, it feels like starting over.

Home Work?

Working from a base at home has been something I have found very natural and I guess it's helped having Facebook since that's kept my social need for 'craic' going strong, so I really don't miss the office environment although of course I do miss a lot of the great people I worked with for such a long time. I'm having a drink with many at my favourite pub next month - and occasionally run into them on the odd day.

Double 11 is likely to be just the first of a few things I undertake as I ramp up my new company, I am delighted to be offered the opportunity to work with true talent and hope that I can play some part in making their businesses better, stronger and perhaps even more fun.




No comments: