Friday, May 05, 2006

Meeting my Mojo


The night out with the Dutch lads in Leeds (Wednesday 4th) was very good. We had a brilliant curry at Akbars on the headrow and then went to a couple of bars (we were intending to get to Gatecrasher/Discotheque but didn't make it). However, we did make it to the Mojo bar.

This is probably the best bar I've been to in the UK for some time - something I don't say lightly. I just thought the atmosphere, music (and music volume) was totally spot on. Suffice to say that I'll be going back there very soon and as often as I can - it's totally made me rethink my opinion of Leeds as a night out. I also note that it was apparently recently voted in the top 50 best bars in the world - but I have to say, it really stuck out and I'd like to have a Team17 function in there at some point... thats maybe something to consider for the summer I guess.

Unfortunately I was also very much worse for wear on Thursday (so much for my "moderation") and I think it was probably only about 8 or 9pm when I started feeling a bit better. I've also had a sleepless night so far (it's 3am now) but that's helped me get further on Phoenix Wright, the DS lawyer game I'm playing at the mo.

During a daft spell earlier in the day I also kind of decided to go and have my 40th birthday celebrations aboard the Stockholm to Helsinki Ferry in January - but am now having second thoughts... so we'll see how that goes. It wasn't just that, we need to do it dressed as Vicars too - something I've just got this thing about.

No comments: