Monday, July 17, 2006

Feeling the heat

It's finally happened. We got ourselves a summer. I mean, it was almost 80degrees (25c or so) when I was walking the kids to school (my own, not some I'd picked up off the streets) and thats an amazing thing for the UK. It's meant another BBQ and in case you're wondering, we had some fantastic lamb steaks (from Costco, incidentally - best place for meat bar none).

It was a good day since I was back at Team17 and my god there was a lot to sort and chase. I'm quite looking forward to getting on and sorting it all out, there's such a lot of exciting stuff going on. We've been hiring a lot of new staff recently and I have the embarrassment of bumping into new people and not knowing who they are.. which is very odd for me.

Incidentally, I don't think I've been as positively charged about Team17 and the games industry for some time. I'm not 100% sure of the reason for that, but it might be something to do with the projects, our people, our position and really loving it all over again. It's almost as if I've fallen in love with the whole thing all over again - or we're restarting, I dunno... I went on record whinging about stuff a few years ago and it's amazing how I feel now in comparison to those times. The reason for the whinging was mostly to do with the state of industry, the lack of opportunity and our ceaseless reliance on the Worms brand around that time (brought on by the fact that no-one really wanted to hear about new ideas, in publishing terms).

Well kids, things are changing. And that's good news.

Now if only I can exhibit a smidgeon more self control, that'd be grand.

No comments: