Friday, June 15, 2007

Wedding Anniversary

We chalk up 11yrs as of today. When we got wed, June 15th 1996 (at Waterton Park, Walton) it as gloriously hot - but alas not today, which is a shame since we've booked a nice room at nearby York (recently voted one of Europe's top cities) and given the sheer amount of rain, there are flood warnings in place.

Still, you can't control the weather and worst case scenario, we'll have to stay safe in the pub :-) And there was I, hoping to get out with the Camera...

Just reminds me of another time we went away, to Venice, which is somewhere where you'd expect to find plenty of water - but when we went there was a high tide and a flood (7th worst in it's history) and our hotel reception was 4ft under water...

2 comments:

Sarkie said...

Morning,

Yeah the weather today is awful, the River in Darton was overflooded, had to go on the A61 through Outwood to get to Leeds (work) this morning.

It's a shame to go to York when its not glorious weather, took my girlfriend the other month and had a horse drawn cart, said I was from Barnsley his only reply was "I once had a nice pie there". So that's nice.

Dave

Ben Paddon said...

Why is it whenever I read the line "chalked up" it makes me think of someone in prison, keeping track of the days that pass by markings on the walls? I imagine that's my feelings towards marriage seeping through there...

Congrats, incidentally.