Monday, October 15, 2007

My Crowning Glory?

Grand title perhaps, but the crown I'm referring to is the one I've just had prepared in my mouth :( The onset of age is catching up with my faltering body and it's happening everywhere it seems.

I can't say I really enjoyed the 40mins or so of dental surgery which had various impressions with gum-things, drilling, filing, injections and culminated in fitting a Terminator style shiny metal tooth as a temporary until the next bout.

The side of my head is now pounding and I'm hoping that eases off soon, I think I preferred it when I was totally numb, comfortably so, to quote Floyd.

Weekend wise it was pretty much standard fare, with Harry doing his footy training, me attending Elland Rd to watch an increasingly lucky Leeds hang on to their unbeaten record in front of almost record attendances for what is the old division 3. In the evening we went with friends to Wolski's in Wakefield and I stuffed myself silly - so much so that I almost didn't eat the next day's Subway foot-long Italian BMT (on Honey Oat with sweet onion sauce) that I'm currently in love with.

Sunday night saw a trip to the local with Bob Broad and we celebrated Harry's first win in his under-7's team. I've also been continuing to take a ton of snaps for the other mums and dads and those are on my Flickr site.

I'm going to be in London on and off over the next couple of weeks, with an overnighter later this week, 2 days in the City next week (during half term, which hasn't made for a popular conversation) and then a day in the following week - a bit like buses; hardly any London visits for months, then three at once.

I've still yet to sort the Kitchen out, much to the frustration of the wife and I've also got to look into some kind of holiday next year, although it's probably not going to be the all-singing, all-dancing one I presumably promised after a bit too much red-wine... oops.

No comments: