Monday, February 11, 2008

Feeling a little low

I think I'm probably feeling low mainly due to being off-it for most of the weekend, my own fault due to some degree of excess whilst I was away, but it might have done be a favour in terms of reminding me that I can't (or at least bloody shouldn't) go hell for leather like I once did in terms of a drinking session. There are some reasons why I probably span a little out of control, but that shouldn't have been any sort of excuse and it's not something I can really discuss too much. I was still feeling out of sorts (mainly bad guts) by Sunday evening and declined an offer to go to the pub, so make of that what you will.

Anyway, I did try and pick myself up; firstly got I bought Rock Band for the PS3 but due to feeling not so great, other than set it up and test it out briefly, didn't really have a go. I only managed to (a) like the feel of the guitar you get with it (b) be quite disappointed at the drumming which seemed a little laggy and the noise made by hitting them put them off, no wonder people are buying 'dampners' for them. I'll give it a go when I'm more up for it I'm sure.

Secondly I watched the recorded 'Ashes To Ashes', the sequel of sorts to 'Life On Mars' which I really enjoyed. I can't say I was overly impressed with 'Ashes To Ashes' as it seems that they've gone OTT on the comedy and forced the 80's vibe whereas the former show was a little bit more subtle. Maybe it's because I preferred the 70's, I don't know. Whatever they've done to the formula, it doesn't sit too easy with me - I'll watch one more to see if it picks up otherwise I'll get back to watching The Sopranos (I'm into the 2nd series there).

And just what the hell is happening to Leeds United? After a storming start to the season fuelled by total injustice (honest) and some degree of good fortune, the team hardly looks anything like it did back in September - with so many changes it's impossible to bed down a new team half-way through the season. Whilst the club did perhaps need an injection of pace and energy here and there, did it really need quite so many players. The downturn in confidence, lack of form and motivation are quite worrying and I certainly feel that another season in League 1 beckons and that is going to be bad news.

1 comment:

Brad said...

That's cool. You got rock band. I have it too, but i got it for 360. my xbox live is piperviper. I play a lot of guitar hero, rock band , and Halo3.