Thursday, September 25, 2008

Under the radar: Alien Breed

I forgot to mention how incredibly positive the response has been since we 'leaked' news of an impending Alien Breed return for 2009. We did so with minimal detail (for a variety of reasons) and I'm still terribly excited about it - its been 17yrs since we did the original. I even had a mail from Allister Brimble (a very old friend, who I was first in touch with back in 1988) who said he'd been besieged with requests to re-do the original music with today's tech. The new Alien Breed will hopefully surprise a few people since it's got very high production values and yet retains a lot of what made the original tick, in terms of dark atmosphere and tense gameplay, it's a very modern, mainstream game that shouldn't alienate our original players (see what I did there...)

There'll be other announcements too, 2009 is quite a busy one for us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Go Spadge!
Alien Breed return's got me all a-quiver.

Anonymous said...

Y'know, I've never actually played the original. Here's to hoping it'll be just as good for us who aren't under the influence of nostalga!

Anonymous said...

Best game to ever exist. Probably. :)
Will have to buy a 360 next year though, which is a bit of a pain in the arse. Speaking of which, have you considered releasing it on Steam for the PC?

Anonymous said...

I secretly pray that it is along the lines of the original games or even tower assault style but not the Alien Breed 3D games... but I will definitely buy it no matter what the style.

Anonymous said...

Good lord yes, this will be great! Of course Allister has to do the music no debate :)